Friday, March 26, 2010

2010 Census

I hear lots of people complaining about the information asked on the census. I agree. The constitution requires that one provides the number of people living at the residence, and nothing else.
The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.
It is said that many of the questions on the census is intrusive and unconstitutional. I'm not certain about its unconstitutionality (although I understand the sentiment) but these intrusive questions are not new. As a matter of fact questions in earlier census were often much more intrusive.

I'm setting up a section with these earlier census for your viewing pleasure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment